Father's Day is a special occasion to honour the amazing father figures in our lives, even if that's your mum. It's the perfect time to show appreciation and create beautiful memories together. Whether you're planning a day for your own father, a grandfather, or the father of your children, making it fun and memorable is key. Here are some suggestions to make Father's Day a day filled with laughter (lots of it), love, and joy.
1. Breakfast with a Twist: Start the day off right by surprising Dad with a special and hearty breakfast. Get creative with pancakes and use cookie cutters to make fun shapes, try our unique Inappropriate Willy Egg Fryer for a laugh🤣🤣. Don't forget a heartfelt note or card to make him feel extra special!
2. Outdoor Adventure: If the weather and your fitness level allow, plan an exciting outdoor adventure that suits your dad's interests. Whether it's a hike in nature, a bike ride along a scenic trail, or a family picnic at the park, spending time in the great outdoors can be both invigorating and bonding, it also helps you feel like you've earnt the right to drink an entire bottle of wine and eat a wheel of brie.
3. DIY Activity: Engage in a do-it-yourself activity together, such as building a birdhouse, assembling a model kit of his favorite car, or creating personalized pottery. The key is to choose something that will be great fun if it works out, and completely hilarious if it doesn't.
4. Sports Extravaganza: If your dad is a sports enthusiast, organize a mini-Olympics in your backyard. Plan a variety of games like relay races, soccer, basketball, or even a friendly game of touch football. Remember, it's not about winning; it's about earning the right to crack a few beers and eat a heap of BBQ ribs.
5. Movie Marathon: This is one we can all enjoy! Prepare a movie marathon with your dad's favorite films or movie series. Set up a cozy movie area with blankets, popcorn, and his favorite snacks. Spend the day relaxing, laughing, and bonding over shared movie moments.
6. Grill Master Chef: Fire up the grill and let your dad showcase his culinary skills. Prepare a menu with his favorite BBQ dishes, sides, and desserts. If he enjoys experimenting, try making homemade burgers or unique kebabs with an array of flavorful marinades, don't forget to add some extra laughs with a few fun aprons and stubby holders.
7. Memory Lane: Take a trip down memory lane by going through old photo albums or home videos. Reliving cherished memories will evoke nostalgia and strengthen your bond with your dad and no doubt there will be some hilarious outfits and hairstyles from the 70s and 80s or maybe some brilliant home movie fails🤣. We thought this collection from @failarmy is brilliant!
8. Gaming Fun: For dads who enjoy gaming, engage in some playful banter and enjoy some friendly rivalry with our inappropriate (but hilarious board games!). Try our best sellers, F#ckedup-opoly or Who's the Cunt? Game.
7. Gift with a Personal Touch: Surprise your dad with a heartfelt gift that holds sentimental value. It could be a personalized photo frame, a handwritten letter expressing your appreciation, or just a mug that will make him laugh!
Whatever you end up doing to celebrate the dad in your life, just remember to #makelifefunagain, being a parent is hard fucking work, to say the least! Show Dad you appreciate the hard yards he's done to make you a somewhat functioning adult.
Saying farewell to a work bestie doesn't have to be a tear fest, make it fun and full of laughs with a great gift from the Inappropriate Gift Co. Enjoy our Inappropriate Gift Guide the 10 Memorable Farewell Gift Ideas to send your Coworker off with a laugh!