Why Starting Christmas Shopping in September Is the New Black Friday
2 min read
This year many people vow to be like 'Susan' and have their Christmas shopping literally all wrapped up by October. Gone are the days of waiting for the Black Friday sales in November, Christmas starts now! While some might argue that starting Christmas shopping this early is premature, we say it's just another chance to spread joy (and avoid the dreaded December rush). So, grab your Santa hat and embark on a jolly journey into the world of early Christmas shopping!
1. If you missed out on Taylor Swift tickets, the department stores the week leading up to Christmas might give the same buzz, a mosh pit laced with the stench of armpits in need of deodorant! Avoid the cluster fuck of packed parking lots, empty shelves and desperately trying to find something that doesn't scream "I bought this in a panic." Start now and be drinking wine come 1st December!
2. The early birds get the best worms, and early Christmas shoppers get the best deals. Retailers are notorious for rolling out the red carpet (and discounts) for those who get a head start on the holiday rush. Say goodbye to paying full price and hello to feeling like a shopping ninja. There's also time to forget how much you actually spent so you feel less disgruntled and poor by the 25th of December.
3. Buy online, you've got plenty of time! Skip the shops and car parks altogether and browse the virtual aisles in your finest flannel with a glass of wine. You could even run a spreadsheet to make sure you don't miss anyone, (you might think about gifting yourself the "Freak in the Sheets" Mug). So, grab your laptop, unleash your inner shopping ninja, and let the giggles commence. And remember to keep the delivery boxes...
4. Chances are, when you start shopping in September your friends and family might score a few extra gifts, given you have more time and likely more free cash when you're budgeting over a longer period of time. With this in mind, don't skimp on the wrapping paper. You'll have plenty of time to come up with the Christmas paper theme, so all your gifts will be beautifully coordinated.
5. Leave December completely free for nothing but festivities, every day leading up to the jolly day can be nothing but cocktails, Christmas parties, day spa appointments, and carols. It will also mean your Christmas tree looks extra boujee laden with Christmas gifts.
Starting your Christmas shopping early isn't just a quirky habit—it's a stroke of genius. By embracing the holiday spirit in September, you'll be well-prepared, stress-free, and possibly the envy of your less-organized friends. So grab your shopping list, put on your favorite holiday tunes, and let the Yuletide treasure hunt begin! After all, the early bird gets the eggnog. Cheers to a holly, jolly shopping season! 🎅🛍️
Saying farewell to a work bestie doesn't have to be a tear fest, make it fun and full of laughs with a great gift from the Inappropriate Gift Co. Enjoy our Inappropriate Gift Guide the 10 Memorable Farewell Gift Ideas to send your Coworker off with a laugh!