The number one rule when turning up to someone's new house is to bring them a gift, something to say congratulations on your new digs, hope the mortgage doesn't kill you, in the nicest way possible.
Here at The Inappropriate Gift Co, we asked our team, and here are their top picks for what to bring when seeing someone's new home for the first time.
1. Lori says alcohol, a bottle of champagne or a fine red wine, because they won't be able to afford good quality alcohol for a while now they are burden with an overpriced piece of Australia. Don't forget the glasses though, theirs might still be wrapped in bubble wrap in a box, in the garage.
2. Ben reckons a set of Inappropriate Gift Co mugs, a his and hers, or his and his or hers and hers etc. If you feel like splurging or it's for one of your children maybe go all out and include the coffee machine! They'll need it now they are faced with the daily grind of paying off a mortgage!
3. Monique likes the traditional housewarming hamper of bread, salt, olive oil and honey. For a bit of fun enjoy our inappropriate spin... May your home never know hunger...
May life always have flavour and spice...
May you always enjoy the sweetness of life...
May your house always have warmth and light...
4. Michelle thinks a plant for the living room is always a lovely thought!
5. If the new homeowner likes to bake, we think an inappropriate basket of kitchen goodies, tea towels, biscuit and cake molds and of course an apron.
6. A candle is always a welcomed gift, bringing light and warmth to a new home. An inappropriate one even better!
7. A gift that will inspire rest and relaxation, try our bath bombs, essential oils or a fragrant room spray.
Whatever you decide to take along when visiting a friend in a new place for the first time, remember to take your shoes off at the front door (or at the very least wipe your feet!), use a coaster, and don't out-stay your welcome!
Halloween is gaining momentum in Australia, perhaps we all just need something else to focus on and a reason to get together and have some much-needed laughs! It's a pretty simple formula for success when it comes to any party; food, booze, and good friends.
We are all feeling the pinch at the moment so what are some of the best ways to save money. The first part of the blog are practical tips to save money from credible sources such as Money Magazine and Forbes BUT if you want to have a laugh and skip straight to the fun part - scroll down! Here are some hilarious ways to save your hard earned cash!
Our debut on Sunrise with Natalie Barr this week highlighted why our Inappropriate Gift Co has been so successful with middle aged mums going through peri-menopause or menopause. What makes us happy? Having fun again! We just want to find the fun in life again. Fun gifts for fun people.