April 24, 2019 6 min read
It seemed like a lovely idea at the time...
We all have images of waking up in the fresh air to the smell of sizzling snags and a day of watching the kids having good old fashioned fun in the countryside. We are relaxing in a comfortable camping chair with our Sav Blanc and letting the stresses of work and life disappear as we return back to Mother Nature.
The reality though is much different! Here are 15 reasons why we shouldn't go away camping with the family at Easter.
1. Packing for the trip.
2. Getting out of the door.
3. Kids in the car.
4. Arrival, emptying the car, setting up and all that shit.
5. The flies.
6. Spending time with your family in a confined space.
7. Sausages, more sausages and then more sausages.
8. Sugar high - what goes up must come down.
9. Day Drinking.
10. Mud, dirt and damp and wombat poo.
11. The shit taste of coffee.
12. The constant kids bickering.
13. Other people.
14. The serenity.
15. The trip home.
At least the kids now have wifi so we do not hear a peep from them.
That said I wouldn't change the experience - I am very glad I went camping with the family this Easter, for all the moaning we did have lots of fun (I think?).
They are a bunch of crazies, but they are my crazies. We did hang out with great friends and have some wonderful laughs around the campfire whilst eating Aldi jumbo marshmallows and drinking gin and tonics and those are memories I will treasure forever.
Can't wait for next year!